- Start simple. Just because a goal is obtainable doesn't make it any less of a goal. This is about you, not others.
- Write them down somewhere and share them with others. Accountability is a great way to keep your eyes on the prize.
- Once you reach the goal, recognize the accomplishment. Make a new goal and move on.
- If at first, you don't succeed, try again! Don’t dwell on the setback, just keep reaching.
- Be positive. Believe in yourself!
- Start today!
Sunday, September 3, 2017
Goals, Goals, Goals!
Any person who knows where he’s going and what he’s doing is a success.-Earl Nightengale
Contrary to popular belief, you can't just announce something about yourself create a Facebook page claiming the same thing and it's suddenly true. For years, I refused to make goals. For years, I was never positive if I was successful. People will misinform you and say “success means different things to different people”. That is not true. Success means “the accomplishment of an aim or purpose”. People have different goals. So people have different aims. But success is basically just doing what you set out to do. So what are your goals? They don't have to be huge, life transforming feats. It might just be getting out of bed or talking to a stranger. It could also be world domination or build the biggest Lego tower ever made. Your life, your goals. If you could give 0 fucks if you are successful (notice I didn't say that the world thinks you're successful) don't set goals. Remember just because you say you don't give a fuck doesn't mean you don't give a fuck. We all want to feel some level of success in our lives. But by definition to do that you have to have goals.
Not sure how to set a goal?
If you want to exact change or improve your life use goals to get there.
To everything (turn, turn, turn) There is a season (turn, turn, turn) And a time to every purpose, under heaven. A time of love, a time ...
If I exorcise my devils Well my angels may leave too When they leave they're so hard to find -Tom Waits If you make REAL noticea...
I think everyone should get letters like this! Dear Elliott, I wanted to recognize the hard work you have been doing recently. I kno...